Friday, November 4, 2011

Rain, Rain, Reign!

It's raining like crazy here in San Diego.  I love it!  There's snow in the local mountains.  I enjoy hearing nature all around me, each drop of rain a tiny soldier in a torrential downpour attacking the world around me.  Cars crash.  Lots of cars crash here in San Diego.  We don't know what to do when there isn't sun in the sky--that and a lot of people lack common sense.  I saw cars today on the sides of the freeways and had to wonder just how they got so twisted around facing such unnatural directions considering the flow of traffic.  I drove from one side of San Diego to the other without incident.

I like rain.  I think it's going to be a good, wet winter here in southern California.  I hope so.  We can always use rain.  the few lakes we have in this part of Cali are drying up.

Haven't written much in the past few days.  I have been dealing with a lot of BS concerning a house my wife and I put an offer on.  It's bank owned, which can be problematic.  The banks fucked up in the last decade and now us responsible people have to pay for it.  But the real reason the house turned out to be a flop was due to a shared well that has been so notoriously polluted in the past decade that it gained national news.  On a scale of 1-10 the drinkability (is that even a word?) of the water is a 1!  Heavy metals and chloroform have been found in dangerous amounts, and several children became sick due to e coli several years ago.  I'm not willing to take that kind of risk.

My story in the Cafe Doom contest isn't doing so well.  I have managed to get a nice placement from one of the other contestants (each contestant has to read all the stories and post their top three favorites), but I started reading my own story when I got to it and was shocked at some rookie typos.  I made the mistake of submitting a story that was too new.  Hadn't gone through the proper editing process.  Damn foolish of me.  Live and learn...

I think I'll work on the final edits for People of the Ethereal Realm tonight.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the story, but rain...brilliant. I love a bit of rain and you must be starved for it there. Go dance! :)

    ReplyDelete