Sunday, January 2, 2011

In the Year of 2011

I'm guessing we all have grandiose ideas of what we would like to accomplish in 2011.  I certainly do.  As a writer sometimes we already have our accomplishments mapped out ahead of time such as the release of Malicious Deviance, my next anthology as editor, and several short stories I will have published in 2011 such as "Back for More" in Necrotic Tissue, "Beneath the Floorboards" in The Scroll of Anubus (Library of Horror), and "Glutton for Punishment" in D.O.A. (Blood Bound Books) to name a few.  A chapbook containing three short stories titled Pantomime is out as well (see post below -- it's sort of last days of 2010/2011).  I am also slated to write the introduction for a release from Post Mortem Press.

I had hoped to sell my first novel last year without success.  It was accepted by a publisher, but we couldn't agree on contractual terms.  Another publisher requested the full manuscript, so I am anxious to hear their decision.  In 2011 I plan to finish my second novel, write many more short stories and novellas, and to break into professional magazines.  I was notified just last week that a pro-rate zine I am a huge fan of has short listed one of my stories.  My fingers are duly crossed.

I will be compiling my third anthology Through the Eyes of the Undead 2 (still open for guidelines -- see earlier post), and who knows, I may tackle another anthology.  In the writing biz I've found that opportunity knocks sometimes when you least expect it.

I'm hoping for great accomplishment in 2011.  How 'bout you?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment