Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hell Awaits -- The Progress of Madness

I still refuse to look at the word count and it is becoming very clear that I will no longer pay attention to word counts while writing longer works.  I've come to the conclusion that they are bothersome and more of a hindrance to my creativity.  I glance at the page count, but not obsessively.

Hell Awaits is coming along nicely.  I've written 215 pages with no end in sight.  I know where the story is going and how the conflict will come to a head, but I don't know when or where and how it will end.  The characters (four of them) have been developed rather nicely, though one of them is completely different from when I began writing the book.  I will have to fix those details while doing rewrites (I suppose they've all changed a bit from the beginning).  Now that I think about it, there's a villain who needs a little developing...

I already have my next project planned out.  Well, not really planned out so much as waiting in the back of my mind.  I have the title already, but I'm going to keep it under wraps.  There's no reason for me to get excited about a project that hasn't even began and probably not a lot of folks who really give a damn.  I will say this: it will be on a much heavier emotional level than Hell Awaits with far less gore and bloodshed.  It will be a blend of literary fiction and horror, if I can pull that off.  Either way, I'll give it my best shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment