Monday, May 27, 2013

On Deck

I dislike working on too many projects simultaneously, but I always seem to find myself in that boat. I've been working on my short novel Of Dreams Come Nightmares, which is coming along nicely. I had to completely rewrite and piece together the first four chapters because they just didn't work, but the second half of the book is pretty tight. There's one issue I need to address, but it's minor.

I have also been working on Brothers in Blood. I have about 1/3 of the manuscript to go. I've already tightened up what I have written and I'm happy with it. And, of course, there's another story that will be called Broth House that is tickling my brain so damn much I may have to start on it before finishing Brothers in Blood. Broth House is going to be a tricky one. I'm looking forward to writing it, but also horrified that I'll totally fuck it up. I have a solid plot, a solid protagonist, and a solid villain, so I have those bases covered. I just have to use the canvas of my mind to paint them into some semblance of reality...after I finish Brothers in Blood, damn-it!

Good-fright, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment