Sunday, September 16, 2012

Soundtrack for Through the In Between, Hell Awaits

I have been reading the galley PDF of my Grand Mal Press release Through the In Between, Hell Awaits for typos and, for shits and giggles, I decided to compile a soundtrack for the book chapter by chapter along with a title for each chapter (they aren't titled in the book).

I figure that after the book is released I will use the songs and titles for promotional purposes on my facebook fan page. Just a little something for fun that may entice someone to pick up a copy of the book if they are on the fence.

As a huge music fan it was only natural that I do this. It's actually very fun, and very fitting for this particular book. Lots of heavy metal and a few oddball songs so far, which is no surprise. The first chapter is represented by the Pantera song 10's from their Great Southern Trendkill album (the best Pantera album in my opinion). I chose that song to kick it off because I had been listening to it a lot on my ipod when I dreamed up the preliminary idea for this book. It was a lyric that started the ideas flowing. Something as simple as "...the whoring angel rising", and my mind was all a flutter with ideas about a demon that stalked groupies at rock 'n roll shows. The book took a completely different direction from those initial musings, but that first chapter was a direct result of that particular lyric in that particular song.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment