Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ethereal Realm Edits...DONE!

Yes, I finally finished rewrites and edits for my debut novel People of the Ethereal Realm.  My editor, Dan Sutter, is brilliant!  Very glad to work with him.  With the final edits in place he'll give the manuscript a final read through and then it's off to the publisher.  Look for it in 2012 from Twisted Library Press.

I elected not to have a dedication page.  Something about the dedication page that bothers me.  Not sure why.  It's fairly traditional to have one, but then the question is who to dedicate the book to and for what reason.  I don't know, I may reconsider.  I have been throwing around the idea of a thank you page as well, you know, to thank everyone who had a hand in bringing my manuscript to life.

I've also been pondering the promotional side of things. In particular, the sending out of the manuscript for review before the book is published for the purpose of getting a blurb or two for the front and back cover.  We did this for Scarecrow and the Madness and it seemed to work out pretty well.  It's something I'm seriously considering.  I think it helps spread the word from the get go, and in these trying times we need to spread the word like hippies spread the clap.

If you're not thoroughly grossed out by that last comment, I bid you good day.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment